Saturday, March 28, 2015

Found Another One

I made a quick out and back trip to the farm since it had been a couple of weeks and I may not get back for a couple more.  It was cold for the end of March - low 20's when I arrived.  I made a quick spin to check the cameras.
 I did find another shed antler right in front of the main field stand.  It's another reasonable 4 point.
 These are this year's discoveries.  I believe they are pairs.  My guess is that all three deer were 2 1/2 year olds and may be shooters next season.
 I did a little frost seeding on the two new plots from last year.  They were pretty spotty when I planted them so maybe this will fill them in.
 Always a pleasant welcome in the cabin when the mouse traps are full.  How many can there be?
 I took a big walk following deer trails near the property borders.
I crossed the creek in the valley below the ridge stand.
Just on the other side of the creek I found this blind.  I suspect it was up since deer season.
I also found this hunting stand.  Both were just across the border on the neighbor's property.
 With a couple of weeks on the trailcams there were some interesting shots.  Here a deer is approaching the food block that I had out but a fox got there first.
 A coyote also checked it out.  I had two cameras on this spot but only one of them showed the coyote and the fox.
 This deer is annoyed that a cat is at the food block.
 Groundhog.
 Coyote.
Fox.
Raccoon.
 Raccoon.
 This is how the food block started out in the orchard.
 It attracted a lot of attention.
 Buck.

This guy doesn't want to share.
Buck.
 Driveway plot.
 Some crowds gathered.

 First one.
Then two.
Actually four.
Time for a stretch.

And maybe a nap.





 This shot is the turnip field.  It's like the field was cultivated by hooves.  No sign of any turnips left.

 Last visit - shed antler in Ranger.  Turkey season is a month away.  No turkeys showing up on cameras at this point.
22F.  If it looks cold that's because it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment