Thursday, April 16, 2015

Quick Visit For Camera Check

We've been in Virginia to welcome our 3rd grandchild, Charlie Edward, and to celebrate a second birthday with our first grandchild, Lucy Eleanor. Everybody is doing great.
 We saw the cherry trees in bloom in DC.  Spring is a little behind at the farm.  The redbuds are just starting.
 The clover has started growing (as have the wild onions).
The pair trees were in bloom and the apples were just buds.
 I found one small shed antler during my camera tour.  I can't remember where I put one of the cameras.  I'm sure that it will show up when I have more time.
 This problem hasn't gone away.
With three weeks of activity on the cameras, there were some good shots. The fox isn't often spotted in daylight.
Turkey season opens on Monday.  The deer and the turkeys both like the clover.  They aren't known for sharing.
 But it appears they tolerated each other.  Middle of the day.
 Looks like a lineup of 4 jakes (immature males).
 A cameo appearance (lower left).
Hopefully they'll be around when I'm looking for them in a week or two.

Starting a strut.



 They were all over the property.
Groundhog.

 Skunk (I think).
 Coyote.

 Neighbor's dog.
 The deer look to be in reasonable shape after a hard winter.
 Bumps for the start of antlers.





 Big body.

 Another big body.


 Spreading minerals on last visit.


I plan to be back this weekend - only had an hour on this stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment