Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Weed Control - First Day Dry Enough

My atv sprayer is broken (plastic hose fitting) so I transferred some of the load to a backpack sprayer.
I decided that the orchard plot was too big for hand spraying so I just mowed it to buy some time before it goes to seed.  It was barely dry enough to mow - I'd like to disk it.
I also mowed a couple of the established food plots for weed control.
The hand spraying that I did a week ago in the pumpkin patch definitely had some effect.
I'm sure that there were some casualties but there was no choice.
Some of the pumpkins are looking quite yellow.  Don't know if it is excess water, weed competition, Roundup overspray, or lack of fertilizer.  I did a little hand weeding (not nearly enough) and I splashed some fertilizer around.  I'm going to go ahead and get my knee scoped for a torn cartilage so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to do for awhile.  It may be survival of the fittest this year for the pumpkins.
The spraying that I did last week on the soybean plot has had the intended result.
There were some beans in there somewhere.
The sunflowers are looking pretty good although they have been chomped outside the deer exclusion tape.
This was a row that I hand weeded a week ago.  You can still see some zucchini in there somewhere.
Driveway field is ok after previous mowing.
Future prairie plot will need some work.
We missed the raspberry season this year - both red and black.  No time.
The main field plot is a mixture with sorghum, sunflowers, soybeans and peas.  The sorghum and the weeds are apparent.
There are 3 of the 6 trail cameras acting up and probably done.  Some nice bucks still managed to show up this week.
























Turkey and deer.

Coyote.
Van did some chores this week.  He's been fixing what I break mostly.
Theresa is doing the mowing.

A foggy teaser.

No comments:

Post a Comment