Sunday, August 2, 2015

Incident Updates, Planting, Trailcams, Etc

 Sydney is home from her surgery.  She had her spleen removed and various other guts sampled for biopsies.
She's got a huge zipper in her belly and she's not feeling great.  We should get biopsy results in the next few days.  Fingers crossed.
 I fed Penelope the three legged turtle tonight.  She sucks down earthworms like popcorn.
 Heard from my outfitter and my taxidermy may be close to shipping.  After all the drama this week over Cecil the lion, I almost feel like a criminal for hunting legally.  The news/internet mob mentality is scary.  The news doesn't make much distinction between poachers and hunters.  To me it's like people who make legal banking withdrawals versus bank robbers.
We continue to have an amazing summer for rain.
 Sunflowers blooming.  Not my best year.  Not sure if it is the seed, the weather or lack of fertilizer.
The future prairie plot after disking last week.  I think the next step is Roundup. We'll let it regenerate some more first.
The driveway field had lots of weeds.  I was out and back on Sunday but found the time to mow it.
 The main field has a lot of weeds but I can see some of the good stuff in there among the sorghum.
 Beans, peas, lab lab.
 Harvested a few squash.
 Pumpkins and weeds prospering.

Soybeans ok.
 Last week I disked this field.
 I disked it again.
 Then dragged it.
 Then planted it in strips with Ambush, Pure Attraction, and Tall Tines Tubers.  All of them are WINA products.  I over-seeded hoping to out compete the weeds.
 Probably my last mineral addition of the year.
This block was on sale at Tractor Supply.  We'll see if they like it.
 The mutant is back this year and has another point or two.  Already enjoying apples.

 Lots of apple shoppers.







 Captain Hook.

Cute.
Healthy looking doe.

I haven't seen a big brood of poults.

Need more time for chores. 

Home burglars still on the loose in spite of ample tv coverage of the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment