Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Garden, Food Plots, and Stuff

Garden
This week's bounty.  Zucchini, pumpkin, a few beans and a watermelon.  I also picked both red and green apples.

















We haven't had any rain at all in a couple of weeks.  Until recently, it's been in the 90's every day.  The pumpkin vines are not looking good and they are coming ripe early.















This is the monster pumpkin from a week ago - I hope that the whole field doesn't end up looking like this.

















I did get a few beans.  These were really planted late and there hasn't been much rain.  I'm a little surprised that they're doing anything.
















The first planting of corn is done.  The second planting is looking surprisingly good.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure that I'll be around when it's ready.  I'm going alligator hunting this coming weekend and then we're getting to the wedding window.














There's still some decent pumpkins left - I just hope that they make it until Halloween.













Food Plots
This was a lush field of clover below the pond stand.  It's really showing distress.  I hope it comes back when/if we get some rain.
















The green in the middle is the forage soybeans.  It's been browsed all summer but has held up pretty well.  The green in the dirt strips is the brassica and turnips that was planted a couple of weeks ago.  It really needs rain badly.









More of the brassica near the orchard.













It's hard to see it because of the shade but the brassica by the driveway stand is really heat distressed.  As I was taking this picture, I looked down and found....
















...this shed antler.  It's hard to believe it's been here since winter since I've been over this spot a hundred times while planting etc.  I guess that some creature dragged it out here.  Still pretty intact.

No comments:

Post a Comment