Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Elk Mount Arrives

The taxidermist finished the bull that I shot in Utah last year.  I got the call that he was being shipped.  He was packaged in a 5' x 5' x 6' crate and I had him shipped to Hotwork where a forklift could unload him. When I got back from lunch yesterday, this was in our shop.
It created a little bit of excitement in the office.
I borrowed a work truck and drove him out to the farm on Tuesday night.  Van met me there and we got him uncrated and mounted on the wall.
I think that he looks really good but he's kind of dwarfing my biggest buck.


It turns out that we only got 0.2" of rain  but the zucchini is doing just fine.  So are the weeds.

I also met with a bulldozer guy who is going to do some maintenance on the atv trails.

I cooked elk burgers for dinner and will head back to Lexington first thing in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment