Sunday, February 3, 2013

Superbowl Sunday

I started the day at home in Mason with breakfast utilizing my "bacon of the month".
This month's selection is a dry cured country ham.
We have a Sunday morning tradition where the girls also enjoy an egg.
I got to the farm around noon.  It was about 20 degrees with a couple of inches of snow on the ground.  The birds seem to enjoy the stale bagel chips that I left on the feeder last week.
The snow really shows the deer traffic areas.
They dig around under the oak trees looking for acorns.
Some of the traffic lanes look like a highway.
I went for about a 2 hour walk and checked all of the trailcams.  The cold weather kills the batteries.
This is down by the valley stand.
I've always heard that the bucks leave a track that looks like they're dragging their feet.  There does seem to be a difference where some tracks look like this and others don't.
I'm not sure what makes a hole like this in a tree - woodpecker?
I couldn't tell if the hole was occupied.
I followed some large fresh buck tracks for quite a while. He was marking his trail.
He went on steep sidehills and thru thick brush.
The brassica is still getting some traffic and there are a few green leaves left.
Back in plenty of time for the game.



No comments:

Post a Comment