Sunday, March 3, 2013

Home Invasion - Again!

It's the mice.  I thought that we were going to make it thru a winter without them - not!

The first hint was the shredded wrappers and mouse poop on the shelf in the pantry.
Then there was the random grains of rice.
Aha - that's where the rice came from. We'll just go to bed and deal with it in the morning.
What are these white chocolate chips doing under my pillow?

Ok, change bed, wash sheets, then go to sleep.

I'll deal with the rest of it after my walk in the morning.
How did that white chocolate chip get in my boot?

I'll set the traps baited with peanut butter - works every time.
Chloe!?!?!?

That was my last trap.
Bacon of the month - Peppered Bacon.  I liked it.
A little chilly and a little unexpected snow.  I "frost seeded" clover in the driveway field.  I'm trying to find some way to beat the weeds there.
At home in Mason, the flowers are a little confused.
I found more of these trees on my walk with these bore holes in them.
Woodpeckers?

The bark almost looks like it was skinned with a hatchet.

I saw a woodcock (timberdoodle) on an atv trail when I was out and about.  Wonder if they do this kind of damage with that long beak...
This was a really large rub right on the edge of the field below the hi-rise stand.
Travelling with four dogs is interesting.  Three of them lay down and sleep.  One of them stands the whole time and "car surfs".  Zulu.
I saw on Facebook that Leo went turkey hunting and shot a pig.  It's easy to get confused when those pigs are strutting and gobbling.
These are turkeys Leo.  They are making themselves visible now and will disappear when turkey season opens in Ohio on 4/22.
Fox.
Lots of deer on cameras - most without antlers.  I haven't found one shed antler yet this year - pretty unusual.


This fork horn and one unicorn were the only antlers on camera.  The unicorn had already dropped one of his little antlers.





Joan had some old sweet potatoes that were starting to grow in the cabinet.  I put them out in front of a camera - we'll see if anybody is interested.

Bye Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment