Sunday, September 8, 2013

Fun with Family at the Farm

My sister Sara was visiting from California.  She brought her daughter Julia and my parents this weekend.
The guests arriving after the drive in from Pittsburgh.
Mom and Dad with Joan on the porch.
Julia and Sara.
An evening on the porch.
Sara and I went for a hike on Saturday morning.  We walked for a little more than an hour up and down the atv trails.
I wore my daypack with some extra weight in it - still trying to get in shape for New Mexico.
And of course we had to do some touring.
Sara and I picked some apples - Joan made apple pie.
I used a pole - Sara climbed on the Ranger.
Whatever works.
There are a lot more but this is a good start.
We also did a little work in the pumpkin patch.  The deer have been in nibbling on the pumpkins.  The barrier tape seeems to be losing some effectiveness.
One of the bigger ones.
There are also some gourds.
And various types of squash.
I started to harvest some pumpkins to get them away from the nibblers.
I moved this myself - I considered getting the tractor and bucket but I just grunted it out.
Mom is really a farm girl at heart.
We went to Miller's - the Amish store nearby.  This is the pigpen at Miller's.
We also stopped at Tater Ridge.  No treasures found here.
In spite of previous incidents, the Balough girls decided to give atv'ing a try.
And they got the hang of it pretty quickly.
Soon they were off and out of sight.
Everybody made it back safely.

Joan and I on a camera tour a couple weeks ago.
Mom working on her Ipad.
We had cupcakes for dessert one night.
Sydney and Chloe got some extra walks.
Sampling apples while on tour.
Camera tour.
Picture quality poor - smiles priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment