Sunday, February 16, 2014

A Little Shooting

In spite of the weather, I decided to get out and do some shooting.  It is just above freezing so the accumulation on the roof is sliding bringing a sheet of ice (shaped like the building panels) projecting out about 8".
Looks a little treacherous - don't want to be under it when it lets go. 
Anyway, I went down to the range to sight in my muzzleloader and to see how I do shooting off sticks (standing).
It was a little challenging to get around. 
This is the muzzleloader sight in after repair at the factory.  Close enough to clean and put away for next year.  I walked it in over about 6 shots.
Then I shot the 30-06 off the 100 yard bench to make sure it was still on.  Not too bad. 
The main objective was to start practicing shooting standing off sticks.  My impression is that this is the typical shot in Africa.  These are from 100 yards.  More work to do but not terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment