Sunday, February 14, 2016

Deep Freeze For Valentines Day

 It was about 11F when we came out on Saturday.  I decided to walk the camera route instead of driving it. This is my new camera location out at the front of the property.
 Other than me, this was the only other shot on this camera.
 On both Saturday and Sunday, I took long walks to look for shed antlers.  I like to just follow deer tracks.
 Some places are sort of highways.
 And there are spots where they've been digging and or sleeping.
 I followed tracks down thru the whole valley, across the creeks, to the back property line, and then back to the front.
Bedding spots.
 They do like to use the atv trails in some places.
 Creek bottom.
 Tracks up the hill.
More beds.
 This ladder stand is just across the border on the neighbor's property.  This field has been alternating between beans and corn.
 An east facing hillside was all scraped up.
I'm pretty sure that it was turkeys.
 This section of the pond stand field was scraped up the same way.
 I'm sure it was a flock like this.


 Third week in a row, the pantry trap was tripped.
 I decided to put the body out in front of a camera.
 I thought that maybe somebody like this would be interested.
 Sunday morning was so cold that I just sat at the table and drank coffee.  I watched the birds at the feeder.
 I used my new telephoto lens on my phone.  Not bad thru a dirty window.  I think this is a red bellied woodpecker.  My bird identification is not terribly reliable.
 These are the usual suspects - grackles and sparrows I think.
 Bluejays.
 Woodpecker.
 Cardinal.
and friend.
 It's hard to see but that is a large hawk - I think red tailed.  He seemed quite interested in the activity at the feeder.
 Step counter on the phone for my Sunday walk.  6279 steps, 2.68 miles, and it thinks that I did 25 flights of stairs.  Those hills are kind of steep.
 Drone update - repaired, tested, and free of charge.  Should ship back to me this week.
 Trailcams


 There's a few one antlered deer around.  I didn't find any sheds this week.



One already dropped and one didn't.

I don't think that it ever got up to 29F - must have been in the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment