Sunday, November 6, 2016

Should be the Rut

There is lots of evidence.  Look at this rub.
There are also several scrapes with licking branches.
 I spent a lot of time in stand this weekend - they should have been moving.  Where are they?
 View from the hang on stand in a group of oaks just off a clover field - nothing.
 View from the main field stand.  The wasps seem to have vacated.
 Out the other side.  What a great weekend.  Highs in the 60's, lows around 40.
 I had some turkeys out in the field again.  I saw one buck at last light about 250 yards away - near the orchard.
 I'm pretty sure this is the guy that I saw.  A young, wide eight point.
 He'll be nice in a year or two.
 Here's Joan towing me out last week.  David found a deteriorating fuel line in the gas tank.
 I did a few chores - a lot of brush-hogging and this stand maintenance.
 I re-laced this seat on the ladder stand.
Dragging some scent around before going to stand.
 I was surprised to see this frog hanging in the pond.
 Sunset on Sunday - beautiful evening.  Not one deer.  In any direction.
While mowing, I took this photo of turkeys from the tractor.
 I would have been pleased to see this guy this weekend.  No such luck.

 Another one that would have been a pleasure to see.  Nada.







There are some does on camera - but not a lot.
 Always some young bucks.
 Often see the mom with twins.
 Still trying to nurse.
 Spike


 Coyotes are prevalent.  A neighbor is seeing a bobcat.



 Turkeys plentiful.
 Red fox.
It sure seems like there's less deer around...

No comments:

Post a Comment