Sunday, December 3, 2017

Gun Season Finisher

 I was in stand again Saturday morning.  It was chilly.
 Lots of frost on the turnips and nothing was moving.
I got the call from the processor that the three bucks were ready for pickup.  I drove over and got the meat.  This stack of heads were the bucks that people decided to have made into European mounts.  They've had a busy week.
One of the bucks dropped off that morning.
Anyway, I started stacking meat in the freezer.
And I kept stacking.
And I kept stacking until it was full.
Saturday evening Dave (and family) were out.  Dave hunted the pond stand and only saw a few does.  I hunted the driveway hoping to take a doe.  Nice evening.  Nice view.
But only saw one doe way up in the main field.
Sunday morning I hunted the main field and this doe showed up.
That's what I was looking for.
She looked to be full grown.
About 155 pounds.  After field dressing she was 120.  Dave didn't have any luck in the barn stand.  There was a lot of activity on the neighbor's property down below.

Dawn was interested in doing a little shooting so we started with the 22.
We had a variety of targets - paper, bottles, plate, etc.
Then we went to the 40 cal.  Dawn won the prize for accuracy.
Then the 44 mag.

And we finished up with the 17 cal rifle.
While we were shooting, this came in.  My friend Jim has a place near our home in Mason.  His nephew Matt took this buck there.
That is a fine looking buck - congrats Matt.
We had a few more touring shots on the trailcams from earlier in the week.



A little activity on the cameras in the few days since I last checked.



This is what I usually find when I think that I am hearing deer moving.

Bluejay.
I'm worn out - time to take a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment