Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Utah Mule Deer Hunt Follow Up

I got an email from the outfitter that I hunted with in Utah this year (R&K Hunting Company).  It said;

"It's my understanding the 2017 deer hunt was tougher than normal for some of you, but the problem has been solved!!  Btw, the hunter in this pics is 6'3" to give you a little perspective on the size of the kill:)"



I hunted out of the same lodge (different property) 6 or 7 years ago and the guide on that hunt (Calvin) had help from his Dad (Ken).  Ken raised hounds for this purpose and I suspect that is one of his hounds in the photo.

I occasionally keep an eye on listings for western ranches that are for sale.  It's more or less dreaming but it's fun to see what's available.  I stumbled onto this listing that turns out to be the property that I hunted this year (and probably where that cat came from).  I don't think that I'll be making any offers.  Wasatch Peaks Ranch

On another note, this news item caught my attention recently.  Seems like an appropriate outcome for poachers.  Poachers Take Note

No comments:

Post a Comment