Sunday, August 12, 2018

No Planting This Week


 I was hoping to get fall food plots planted this weekend but it was pretty wet.  2 1/2" in the gauge when we arrived.
 So I headed out to treat the pond and, while I was there, the skies opened up again.
 I ran back to the barn to avoid it.
Here's what it looked like Rainy Day
It didn't last long but it was heavy rain.  When it stopped, I went out to check cameras.
 Another inch of rain had fallen in less than an hour.
The sunflowers were beat up from the rain.
 Some of them were knocked completely down.
 But most were at peak.

 We saw turkeys running away from the grapes when we pulled in.
 Pumpkins look green for mid-August.  Might be my best growing season (so far).
 I put on rubber boots and waded into the mud to harvest some squash.
 I also got both elk rifles out for some practice.
 I set up sitting off sticks at 190 yards.  I thought that I had previously sited in at 200.
 This was the 30-06.  Seems high and right but I didn't adjust anything.  It was within "moment of elk".
 The new 300WM was a little high too.  The rest of that has to be my hold.
 I found a couple of older images on the one camera.

Last week spraying for weeds in the clover.

Fawns are growing up.
 More coyote activity.




















Hopefully I can get fall plots planted sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment