Sunday, March 14, 2021

Folly Episode of the Week

Once again, I am having issues with Blogger reversing the order of my selected photos.  I guess that we'll just go with it.  Here I am, out for a walk.

Last week, Joan and I doing a little touring.

Violet assisted me this week on the camera tour.  At the conclusion, we played a little fetch.  Here's a short video.  Violet Fetch  It did result in a bath for her.
Some of the interesting deer poses of the week.


Sneaking up on the bird feeder outside the cabin window.
The crowd is bolder about it at night.
There seemed to be a few congregations this week.
Varmint visits.
More turkey activity which is good in anticipation of the season (late April).



Decided to give some air time to the under-represented minorities. 

This bobcat seems younger/smaller than some that we've seen.

One of my chores this week was to prepare for some new fruit trees that I have ordered.  I'm taking down the field fence cages around some of my previous plantings.  I have to decide where the new trees will go.
I also did some more frost seeding in existing clover fields.
I took an extensive walk hoping to find some more shed antlers - no luck.
The only green in the woods right now is the moss.
Several interesting hollowed out trees.  Somebody has to be living in there.

Sunday sunrise - start of daylight savings.
I saw a great blog post by Jim McCormac on salamander ponds.  Salamander Orgy  So I went out to check one of our vernal ponds.  I think that I see eggs out there.
It was quite productive last year.
Poop of the week - located and partially gobbled by Violet.
Here she is checking the fire pit - the scene of last week's drama.
On the tour.
My helpers were out this week to do a few chores.  One was to replace the bush-hog  deflectors.  After 17 years, this rubber stuff was either missing or damaged.
We went with the chain option this time.  I saw it on the highway crew tractors and it seemed like a good idea.
The manufacturer offered it as an option so we are giving it a try.  I do hear the blade hitting chain every so often.  Time will tell if it is better.
During my chores, I was moving piles of brush both by hand and with the bobcat.  At one point, sitting in the bobcat, I took a break to look at my phone.  That was the point at which I noticed my glasses missing.  I couldn't read the screen.  So for the next 15 minutes I retraced my steps looking for my glasses.  Of course I had driven the bobcat treads over everywhere I had been.  I was about to give up when I found them.  I bent them back into shape - mostly.
The brush-piles came from my work with cedars last week and also from some extensive pruning of the apple trees by my helpers - Van and Donnie.
Here's Van in the tree so you can see the degree of haircut that they got.  I hope that they will be much happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment