Monday, September 13, 2021

Quick Visit - Pumpkin Harvest

Joan has a lady's golf end-of-season event this week.  The pumpkin patch usually supplies the table decorations. I had been to Pittsburgh this weekend but we ran out to harvest a few things for Joan's event.

Once again, some of the pumpkins harvested last week were rotten by this week.
In the field, I have some deflating like balloons and others that look great but when you touch them, this happens.
I'm not sure what causes that vine connection rot.  Normally, those heavy vined varieties hold up real well.

I just kinda like this cloud photo.
The weeds are in full swing in the brassica plots.  But there is a lot of good stuff in there.
A closer view mid-field,
And looking back from the other end.
In the other brassica field (beets and greens), the weeds might be winning.  But, once again, some good stuff out there.
This is a clover plot being invaded with smartweed. I would feel better about it if I knew that the deer ate it.
I was critical of the Imox application that I made in another clover field.  After a couple of weeks, it appears to have killed everything except the clover.
Doing some pruning last week.
The turkeys do seem to be prospering in spite of all the predators. 
They seem to like to dust here.

And I often catch wing-flap photos here.





The ever-present coyotes.


A couple bucks still in velvet.










No comments:

Post a Comment