Sunday, February 20, 2022

More Wind, Drama Update

 So, I cleaned up all those branches last week and look what I found this week.

I just walked a few of the trails and there is a ton down.
I wasn't willing to do too much this week.
I'm still nursing the injury from last week.

This is what's under that bandage.  Stitches should come out this week.

I did finish up spitting some of that wood.
I'm not sure why - it will probably take me a decade to burn this stuff.
The fire affected area doesn't look too bad at all.
The worst part is the tractor ruts from trying to get a fire break going.
I forgot to take a before photo - this is the after.  I have a reappearing sink hole in the driveway.  I have put several buckets of gravel in it over the last year.  It was a foot wide and a foot deep again.  I filled in in once more.
Not sure if this tree is going to survive.
I took a stroll thru some of the pine stands.  Seems like a perfect place for a buck to bed in cold weather.
I didn't find any shed antlers but I pushed one buck who was still wearing his headgear.
There is not much browse for them in the deep woods.
Out cruising around.
I think this might be the guy that I saw.



There are some one-sided ones about.

Not much clover left in the field but they still try.
A gobbler out for a spin.
Fox
Coyotes
Bobcat



































No comments:

Post a Comment