Sunday, March 20, 2022

Wet But Improving

It rained all Friday and into Saturday,  It was patchy enough that I got some chores done Saturday and by Sunday it was turning nice.  As always, I like to get a good walk in.

 I still have tons of stuff to clean up from the ice and wind storm.  The driveway stand has been patiently waiting to be excavated from under the pine branches.

I at least got the stairway cleared and the log off of the roof.
I did some "frost seeding" to try to keep my clover fields going.
I also sprayed the fruit trees and did a little pruning.  I did some spot spraying of roundup for invasives in the food plots.
My Facebook feed gave me a memory from last year on this date that showed daffodils blooming.
I went out there by the pond and, sure enough, they were blooming this year too.
Hard to believe that there was snow on the ground a week ago.  I did put out one bag of corn and a feed block.
Those goodies did attract some attention.

And the bird feeders also continue to have a deer following.
Some of the bucks have clearly dropped their antlers - but I haven't found any of them yet.
The turkeys seem to be more active.
They've been checking out the bird feeder too.
Some nice beards showing.

The usual predators.






I think that this must be an owl - what else would be hunting at night?
Squirrel and crows saying hi.
Soul searching eyes.

Surprising number of bucks still sporting headgear at St Patty's Day.











No comments:

Post a Comment