Sunday, July 23, 2023

Rain!

 Finally some real rain.

And everything looked healthy.

Including the weeds.  This grass has taken over what was supposed to be a sunflower patch (for the second year in a row).
I think it's Johnson Grass and I don't think tilling helps.  Might have to go fallow for a year and just fight it.  For now, it's mowed before it seeds.
I hoed the zucchini row.
The pond came up a little bit - still low.
I relented and bought one more mineral application.
Beautiful weekend and spent a few minutes in the gazebo.
Some of the fruit is producing - these are apples.
And pears.
The butterflies are abundant.
This is the state of the soybean fields.  Roundup has killed everything except the beans.  Lots of exposed soil so I'm no-till planting brassicas and oats for the fall.

After spreading with a broadcast spreader, I rolled them with this cultipacker.
I also weeded the pumpkin rows with a weedeater and spot spraying.  The plot is 1/2 size this year.
First harvest of zucchini.
On the tour.
The fawns are fun.


We've been getting visits from migrating geese recently.
You can see the flock in the background.
Feisty.


Not sure if the turkeys appreciate the visitors.





Woodpecker?
This little one sided buck shows up everywhere.
The usual predators.



On tour.
Spraying last week.
Mowing this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment