Sunday, February 27, 2011

End of February Weekend

I got out Saturday afternoon and came home Sunday.  Dave, Grant and Graham were planning to join me for some chores and shed hunting.  Unfortunately Dave made it most of the way out before Grant threw up - they had to turnaround and I lost all my farm help.

I did find a few shed antlers.

 This one appears to be a match for one that I found a couple of weeks ago.
 And I think this might be the guy who was wearing them earlier in the year.
I also found this one.  It was not broken but appears to have been damaged when forming.  I think the buck in the picture below is this guy.

I dragged alot of the pricker trees up to the fire pit.  I had cut them down a couple of weeks ago.  I now keep the tractor on hand in case things get away from me.   I can always dig a fire break if necessary.  Learned that one the hard way.

I spread some cracked corn around in front of the cameras - it tends to attract some interesting subjects.

I saw these tracks on my walk today.  I'm guessing that it's raccoon.

There were numerous rubs and rub lines out in the woods.  These were notable because they were pretty large trees and therefore were probably large racks that did it.

A couple of "poops of the week".  Above is a fresh deer pile and I suspect that the one on the left is raccoon.

Foxes showed up alot on camera this week.  There are actually two in this shot.


This one has an itch.
And this one is walking away from us.

This is a nice buck that still has it's headgear in mid-February. 
A crowd attracted by the corn.


Do you think the batteries are still good?

No comments:

Post a Comment