Sunday, November 24, 2013

OK, I'm a Wimp.

Drinking coffee and writing this blog post this morning instead of hunting.  Here's why.
Yes, that's 16F.  A bit chilly for November.  And when I took the dogs out first thing this morning, there were five deer standing just in front of the blind at the orchard.
Last week I cut down one of the two dead/dying cherry trees.
It was pretty bug infested/rotten but I did recover a little bit of fire wood.
This week I burned it and other accumulated debris in the firepit.
How's this for organization?  Getting prepared for gun season.  Whiteboard for stand assignments.
Joan hard at work at her sewing machine.
I think that this turnip field near the new stand is going to be quite popular as the other food sources deplete.
Persimmons still hanging in there by the driveway stand.
I hunted Saturday evening in the driveway stand.  The weather was changing - it was 32F and blowing at least 15 mph.  These young does were out early.  At last light, there was a stampede of about 12 deer up to the main field.  I think they were all anxious to eat before the cold weather.  I saw one decent buck and a spike.
Lots of really nice activity on the cameras this week.  I'd really like to run into this guy a week from Monday.
There was quite a bit of buck activity during daylight.
Picture quality not good but a very nice buck in broad daylight below hi-rise stand.
Last light - same spot.
Ridge trail.
Orchard - evening.

Orchard - morning.
Driveway scrape.
These are by the ladder stand.



Scrape.
Near Hi-rise.









Last light at the scrape.

I guess that we had a little snow at some point.





Three coyotes.
A fox.
Camera tour.  I got my Cuddeback camera back - repaired under warranty.


No comments:

Post a Comment