Sunday, November 24, 2013

We Booked It!

I turn 60 next summer and I decided to splurge on a trip to Africa. I've been working with a booking agent on recent elk hunts and he has not steered me wrong.  His name is Butch Manasse and this is his website. Butch Manasse Worldwide Hunts

Joan has agreed to come along as an observer so I was looking for a destination that had good accommodations and some non-hunting activities.  Butch recommended this Professional Hunter (PH) in the East Cape of South Africa. Bushveld Safari  We're going to spend six days hunting and two days touring with Bushveld Safaris.  One of the touring days will be at Addo Elephant Park  We're also planning to go to lion and cheetah reserves.  Then we're going to spend a couple of days in Cape Town before heading home.  I spoke with Kerneels Sholtz this week and we are all set.

I'll be hunting plains game and my hunting package includes kudu, gemsbuck, impala, blue wildebeest, blesbuck, and warthog.  I've got 6 months to get my shooting skills improved.  As always when I'm hunting, it will be an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment