Monday, December 2, 2013

Opening Morning

So there I am sitting in my new stand as day breaks.  I starting hearing some rustling.  Then I hear steps.  I look out my back window and there's a guy climbing up the stairs to my stand.  I wait for him to get eye level with me and I say "You're Trespassing".  Unbelievable.

He claimed that he thought he was hunting on my neighbor Rob's property.  He apologized and left.  That's when I noticed he wasn't wearing orange - head to toe camo.

About an hour later there was a shot just below the hi-rise pond stand.  It wasn't any of my hunters.  I went looking for the next trespasser and never found him.

After breakfast, I drove out to Rob's place to talk to him about his hunting guests.  Nobody home.  I left a note for him on his front door.

As I was pulling out, a guy was hanging out the trailer door across the street.  I went over to talk to him and he admitted to being the guy who climbed up my stand.  He said he didn't know anything about the other shot.  He acted like he was hunting alone but there were two cars in his driveway.

I told him not to trespass, that we had 6 hunters on the property, and that he was running the risk of getting shot by hunting without orange.  He didn't really have any explanation for himself.

Hope the rest of the week goes better.  Several deer sighted this morning - no shots taken by legal hunters.

No comments:

Post a Comment