Friday, December 20, 2013

The Taxidermist Has Finally Finished

 I picked up last year's buck this morning and he looks pretty good.  He has a temporary home in the basement.  I haven't been to the farm in a couple weeks and may not make it back out there until after New Year.  When I do get out there, there's a place on the wall for him.
 This guy is a main frame 8 point but he has gnarly main beams and brow tines.
There's still chunks of trees in his rack from when he was rubbing.
 He has a number of these interesting small points that some people call "junk".
I think that he can legitimately be called a 12 point.  But I have to admit, it is not the same as a main frame 12 point.

Merry Christmas to all.  I'll be back out for black powder season in early January.

No comments:

Post a Comment