Sunday, November 10, 2013

Uneventful Weekend

I hunted the driveway stand Saturday evening.  I saw 5 does that eventually winded me.  I also saw a large bodied deer at last light - too dark to see the rack.  While I was out in stand, Chloe went wild because of deer outside the window at the cabin.  Joan said she saw it and it was a "big buck".  I didn't get much more detail than that.

I worked on the "found head" from last week.  He had been cleaned and boiled so all that was left was to bleach the skull.
I followed YouTube instructions and used women's hair peroxide from the beauty supply store.
It came out pretty well - not completely white but close. It's hard to see but it had a 2nd pedicle for a double main beam on one side - no antler though.
For now he's hanging in the barn.  I may get a plaque and finish the job eventually.
The camera that I moved to the scrape by the driveway stand got this one visit.
He looks bigger in this shot. It has to be the same buck - in the same minute.
Several other decent bucks in blurry photos.



The does look pretty healthy at this point.

Coyotes still around.
On the way into stand last week.
On the way out.



Walk time.
I moved a camera up to the orchard but the apples are just about gone.  Valley camera had gone quiet anyway.    

No comments:

Post a Comment