Sunday, November 23, 2014

Next Visit - Gun season

I archery hunted this weekend without success (again).  Never saw a buck but saw lots of does.  I think the peak of the rut has passed.
 How's this for a nice, broad daylight visit by an 11 point buck?  Nov 19, 3:56pm.  Right in front of the ladder stand.  First time I've seen him but I'd like to see him again during gun week.
 This guy looks pretty good too.
 Bucks of all sizes and ages were moving in broad daylight last week.
 In multiple locations.  We had a few inches of snow.


 Maybe we'll get some more of this daylight movement before the 2nd estrous cycle.  Just happens to be gun season.
 My friend Irish took this buck in KY this weekend.  He saw a good rack, took the shot, and later discovered that he was broken on one side. 
 Here's the turnips - still not being used much.  They prefer the chicory at this point.  They're also working on the oats that I planted with the turnips.
 The chicory with the main field hi-rise.  That's where I hunted Friday evening.
 A couple of does coming out at about 4:00.  I ended up with 5 does feeding but never saw a buck.
 Sunrise on Saturday morning.  Not much moving.
 Saturday evening I hunted the pond stand.  There were six does in the field and two more down in the main field.  No bucks.  I hunted the barn stand on Sunday morning and never saw anything.  I could hear some racks rattling but nobody responded to grunts.  By the sound direction, they seemed to be in the vicinity of the hanging stand.
Poop of the week - a magnificent buck pile.
 There are rubs everywhere.
 Especially on the pine trees.
 The orchard camera had been acting weird.  I finally figured out that its internal memory was full.  For some reason, it hasn't been recognizing or writing to the card.  So I downloaded about a month's worth of images from the internal memory.
 Here's the mutant on 10/23 - right side still intact.
 Here he is on 11/5 with the right side broken off.  This is a mature deer - check that neck size.
 There were a ton of coyote pictures - here's some of the highlights.  Enjoying an apple.

Looking for that owl?
Daylight.
A pair.


 back to current photos.


 Really nice buck. Looks like a 10 - don't think that it is the 11 shown earlier.  I haven't seen that really wide 8 point in awhile.

 We passed a pack of 3 dogs on the driveway on our way out tonight.  The yellow lab lives at the head of the driveway.
This camera was being flakey and so were two others.  Once again I think I have them fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment