Sunday, March 6, 2016

Drone Follies (Again) and Other Stuff

 Dave and the twins helped me fly the drone around the field a couple of times.
 For exercise, Dave sent the boys down the driveway on a run on Saturday.  Graham went again on Sunday and I had the drone follow him.  If I find the time, I'll upload the video of him running the driveway.
 This family is turning into quite the competitive running tribe.
 They just finished a series of three 5k's and they have another one coming up.
 So after flying around the field a few times, I got the bright idea that it would be good to launch from somewhere different.
 We all took the Ranger down to the valley and launched the drone from this little clearing in the tall trees at the bottom of a steep valley.
Drone photos before I sent it up above treetops.  I set it at 160 feet thinking that was sure to clear everything.  I got it up above the trees and it almost immediately went out of sight.  No excuses from there, I got lost and flew it into a treetop on the side of the valley.
 Looks like it's headed back to the factory.  It seems to have landed on the one arm and torqued it pretty good.
 The rotor no longer turns freely.  Oops.  Camera still seems fine.
 So Graham and Grant gave me lessons on their less sophisticated machine.
 I have to say that theirs seems to handle crashes pretty well.

 Attack of the lap dogs.
 Candy getting to know the deer.
 Several candidates for poop of the week.
 I think that we'll go with this turkey do-do.  We saw a big flock of turkeys when we were out and about.  Lots of evidence of them rooting around under the leaves too.
 Many buck rubs.
 Lots of rotten tree excavations.
 The boys could spend hours in the creeks.
 Once again, we arrived to a mouse.
 This is the third body that I've placed in front of this camera.  The bodies disappear but there are no photos.  Zombies? Vampires?
 I received the seed for my native prairie planting.
 Two bucks on the corn.  You can see the pedicles.

 I'm guessing that somebody got possessive over the corn.
 Same dance moves morning and night.
 New camera location.
We seem to be curious about it.
 An antler still in service in early March.
 Another one.
Possum/deer conflict over corn.
 Several days in a row.
 Fox
 Coyote peeing on everybody's corn.
 Skunk
 Nice family photo.



Last weekend weather - 56F in February - can't complain too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment