Sunday, March 13, 2016

Early Spring Signs

We had a relatively nice Saturday afternoon so I was able to get a few chores done.
 I randomly threw these daffodil bulbs around by the pond some years ago but I'm always pleasantly surprised when they show up each spring.
I've been learning a little bit about salamanders from this blog Blue Jay Barrens. I think that I'm seeing some thru the muddy water in one of the ponds.
 I'm pretty sure that these were bugs - not tadpoles.
 Sunday wasn't as nice - fog and rain.
 So I did computer work and watched the feeder thru the window.
I got my pumpkin seed order in.
 We were once again greeted by this.  How many can there be?
 I placed the body out in front of this trailcam again.  The bodies have been disappearing without evidence of who took them.
 Finally, an image of the culprit.  Not who I expected.
 Joan has been sewing away on her quilt projects.
 On to the next one.
 Soft ground leaves some nice footprints.
 Other evidence abounds - poop of the week.
Last week touring photos with D,D,G & G.





 Looks like the gobblers are warming up for the season.
 Nice looking beard.
 The coyotes are showing up on camera again.


 And the other varmints are more active too.
This guy looks large bodied to me.
 Curious.
 I booked a New Mexico elk hunt for the fall.  This is the outfitter Red Rock Outfitters
 Pedicles apparent.








1 comment:

  1. Hi, Tom. The salamander in your pond is a Red-spotted Newt. Newts produce a toxin in their skin that makes them an unappetizing meal, so they are the only salamander species that can survive in a pond that holds fish.

    ReplyDelete