Sunday, June 19, 2016

Still No Rain - Antlers Growing

 It's been 10 days since I started planting pumpkins and there has been no measurable rain.
 The weeds managed to sprout in the patch.
 There are a few pumpkins up.
 I don't think that there were 10 total up though.
 So I rototilled between where the rows are supposed to be.
 It got hot so I rested in the shade of the Ranger.
Final product - need rain desperately.
Nephew Dave ran in an Olympic length triathlon this weekend.  It was at Voice of America - near our house.
He did great.
 This is the new clover plot - needs rain.
 New field of summer mix (beans, sunflowers, etc) is doing better on no rain.
 Main field to be planted in brassica for the fall.  Sprouting weeds for now.  Needs disked up again.
 Butterfly weed blooming - some butterflies around. Not sure what type this is.
 Think this is a tiger swallowtail - I'm not very good on butterflies.
Prairie plot not looking too good.
 I can't tell whether anything that I planted is growing.  Not much is growing due to lack of rain.
 One casualty showing in the pond.
 The antlers are really growing now.  This might be the buck with the hooked brow tine from last year.
Looks like a different buck - 26 minutes later.
 Seems to be the beast.  Those brow tines are memorable.


 The beast I believe.



 Several fawns out and about.

 Flies or ticks on the Mom?  Also a bare spot on her chest.
 Coyote.
Turkeys still about.


 Looking like an odd rack.





 Lousy photo but I think this is the mutant.









I put lots of minerals out in case I don't get back for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment