Sunday, July 10, 2016

Farmer Tom's Troubles

 This looked favorable - more than 1.5" of rain for everything that I've planted.
 Here's the inept farmer in front of his fine crop of weeds.
Yep, there are some pumpkins in there somewhere.
 Yikes they're hard to find though.
So I worked and worked.  I rescued some pumpkin plants in about 1/2 of the patch.
 This is one of my better views - you can see some pumpkins.  I have entire rows where not one plant is up.
 This is the new clover field by the orchard.  At this end you can see some clover among the weeds.
 At this end, it is a solid carpet of weeds.
 I've run into this weed before - it is called galinsoga.
 Little yellow flowers.
 I had been in Bass Pro Shops the day before and I noticed this stuff.  $64 for about a cup of this weed-killer.  I sprayed it on the galinsoga - we'll see if it was too little, too late.
This is the tilled main field that I'm planning to plant in brassica.  It was completely grown over.  I think the main species is Johnson grass.
 Tillage is not supposed to be good for Johnson grass so I hit it with some roundup before turning it again.
 I did some bush-hogging and wasn't paying attention to my bucket.  That's a support for the pond stand stairs.  Oops.
 View from about that spot.
 Driveway clover looks good.  I did some mowing for weed control in some of the other plots.
 The prairie plot looks terrible.  Not sure if anything that I planted is growing.
 Various weeds and grasses are growing in some spots.
 Doesn't look too promising.
I found this burrow track out there in the field - mole?
 One cluster of black-eyed susans.
Sunday morning sunrise.  Having a cup of coffee before heading out to face the weeds.
I did spread some minerals.
 There was a hole dug at this mineral site.  Of course the batteries were dead on this camera.

 Joan out for the tour.
 There are some very interesting bucks out and about.
 Do you think the mutant has been passing his genes around?
 This wide rack looks like it has a drop-tine.
 Yep, sure enough.
 I'm not sure what all is going on with this guy.
 This looks like the mutant.  One normal side and one odd one.
 Blurry but many points.

 Fawns.



Fawn hunters.
Toms.



 I found this guy in the weeds in one of the pumpkin rows.  Relocated him before rototilling.
This is Penelope the three legged turtle that our daughter Amy recued years ago.  She enjoys eating night crawlers.
Action video - enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment