Monday, October 10, 2016

First Night In Stand

Archery season opened while I was in New Mexico.  I spent Saturday evening in the driveway stand and didn't see a thing.  Surprising since it had cooled off nicely.  Most of the clover looks pretty good.
 In the foreground of this photo is the remnants of a protein block that had been on a stump about 100 yards away.  You will see it in the trailcams.  I'm not sure who dragged it over here.  I went up in this stand to check for wasps.


 This was on the landing at the entry door.  Who would leave this scat way up here?  Raccoons?
 Inside the stand I found this mess.  I'm used to finding lots of bird poop - not sure what this is.
 I've often found stuff like this.  A pile of sawdust with no obvious borehole or source of the dust.  I'm not sure if this is mice or insects.  Anyway, the wasps weren't too bad this year.  Several mud dauber constructions but that was about it.
 I pretty much finished up the harvest of pumpkins and gourds.
 There are a few remaining pumpkins that are still quite green.  I don't think that they will turn orange but...
 ...I bush-hogged the weeds in the rest of the patch and left a couple of vines and pumpkins to see if they will ripen.
 Lots of trail cam action.  This nice 10 point is a regular visitor at multiple cameras.
 Notice the protein block on the stump - that's what ended up by the pond.

 The mutant with a droptine on the right side.
Bachelors.






 Picking a fight already.










Wonder what spooked him?  The block is missing.
 Equal opportunity - some doe shots.

 Coyotes
 Two of them playing.



 Coons.
 Possum.
Gobblers.



Bird Fight!


 Strutting in October.
Asters I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment