Sunday, October 16, 2016

Mid-October and 80 Degrees

 The few pumpkins left in the patch got nibbled and didn't turn orange.  It's completely done now.
 I went to the main field stand Saturday evening and it was swarming with wasps.  I had just cleared it out last week.  So I just decided to go over to the pond stand.
 When I got to the pond stand, it was almost as bad.  Bald faced wasps I believe.
 I just decided to sit among them and I managed to not get stung.
 Eleven gobblers came out and put on a show.  I suspect that one of them is gay.
 He kept strutting and chasing other toms around.  I took some videos which I'll post at the end.  I also had a spike buck come out and I spotted a coyote over by the main field stand.
 It was a great Fall day - a bit warm though.
 I kept hearing splashes in the ponds.  Fish feeding or frogs jumping I guess.
An impressive sunset.
It was also a "hunter's moon".

 I did a little mowing.  Found these persimmons.
 Starting to see some rubs.
 I believe this was a monarch.
 He posed for awhile.
 I found a camera on sale at Cabellas so I added one.  There are about 3 that are ready to die.
 I'm trying this corn attractant in front of a couple cameras.
I've been seeing this buck since he was in velvet.  His right beam has some interesting tines.
 They look a little skinny and fragile.  I'm not sure that they will survive much fighting.
 I need a name for this guy.  Spaghetti? Octopus?  Squid is easier to type.


 Mutant with droptine on deformed right.




One in back looks nice.
 Youngsters sparring.

Decent spread.
 Another mutant?

 Lots of turkeys - all gobblers?






 Coon
 Possum
Three coyotes.

















The Gay Gobbler  I'm trying YouTube instead of direct video upload in BlogSpot.  I had eleven gobblers out there and there was one guy chasing others around.  He was strutting and acting like it was mating season. There were even gobbles but I didn't catch that on the video.  Lots of vocalizations.

The Spike Buck  He's the only deer that I saw that evening.

Spike and Gobblers in the Same Field The gobblers hung around a lot longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment