Monday, March 27, 2017

Turkeys, Bobcat, and Other Items of Interest

 It's been a couple weeks since I was able to check cameras.  I expected to find some interesting stuff.  I wasn't disappointed.  This is about the 5th photo capture of a bobcat on this property
About 200 yards away I found the remnants of a turkey meal.  Is it a coincidence?
There are some teeth marks in the feather roots.
There are also red and grey fox.
 And always coyotes.  But I suspect the bobcat as most capable of capturing a mature turkey.
 Doesn't this guy look like an old war-horse?  I wonder what his antlers looked like.
 Another buck that has shed (or same one?).
 The turkeys are strutting.
 And we have some nice mature gobblers.
It's still about a month until turkey season opens.
 The valley stand is in complete disrepair.  Roof caved in and floor fell thru.  I decided to let it go a year or two ago.  It wasn't a great location.  Will eventually have to do something with it.
 Found this rotten log on the walk.  Who is tearing it up?
 I doubt if woodpeckers are doing it from underneath.
 The deer trails are obvious at this time of year - no shed antlers found though.
 Poop of the week.
 I saw this blog post about invasives.  Blue Jay Barrens on Invasives  I clearly don't have them under control like him.  This is multiflora rose - I've got a ton of it.
 I believe that this is honeysuckle.
 More of it.
 Not sure what this prickly stuff is.  It's mixed in with what I believe are raspberries.  Or maybe it's just the red ones mixed in with the black ones?
 I suspect that this is a trespasser covering the camera as he passes.  May be why I am not finding shed antlers.  It's posted - I will prosecute.
We had our only real snow in March.
Still sporting antlers on the 19th.
 Big crowd.
 More photos of interest.
















Starting early on the minerals.

No comments:

Post a Comment