Sunday, June 11, 2017

Fawns, Ticks and Pumpkin Planting

 This one has to be just hours old.
So tiny.
 I guess this is a different one.  3 days later and much bigger.
 Almost seems to be off on its own.
 There's Mom.
 Every year I am amazed...
 By the parasites on these deer...
 The ticks on their ears are huge.
I don't know how the deer tolerate it.
 This one has them on neck also.
 They just get huge and engorged.
 Tons of them.
 Joan and I took about 10 of these pinhead size ones off of me this week.  That's in spite of my precautions - long pants, long sleeves, gloves etc.  I occasionally pick one or two larger ones off me but this was unusual.  A bunch of tiny ones.
 I was kind of rolling around in the grass putting in this landscape fabric under the play house.  We're going to fill the sandbox with gravel.
I got the deer tape up on the pumpkin patch and tried to do some watering.  We haven't had any rain since I planted a week ago.
 There are some pumpkins up anyway.
 It's a start but we really need some rain.
 I roundup sprayed the one field that I am planting in the fall.
 Fox showed up this week several times.
 Taking a dump in this one but has something in its mouth.
 Also in this one - baby bunny?
 The coyotes are on the prowl too.
 This one checked out the mineral lick.
 And left a present for other visitors.
I took the dog out at sunrise today and ran into one of these guys just outside the barn door.  Our ferocious dog scared it off.
 Turkeys still strolling about.
This clover field is attracting crowds.
Antlers are starting to be noticeable.



 Nice handlebars.








 Joan touring last week.
Need rain this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment