Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Pumpkins Planted, Cherries picked

 It is no small task to pick and pit a few cups of cherries.  Our last remaining tree produced this year in spite of lost branches and major woodpecker excavations.
 Grape arbor looking good.
 Lots of apples.  A few pears and one peach tree bearing fruit.
Still early on the berries.  I think that these are blackberries.
 My prairie plot consultant, Lee, advised me that these berries are wineberries.  I thought they were red raspberries (if they are the sweet red ones that I harvested a couple years ago).
 Joan encouraged me to fly the drone over the prairie plot.
This was her first ride in the Ranger since hip surgery.
 Here's the prairie plot.  It still has some bare spots.

 Looking back towards the barn.
 And out front towards the gate.
 Some general drone shots.  I will try to post a few videos at the end.

 The first plot is just up and is an annual mix with sunflowers, soybeans, cowpeas, millet.  The bare plot behind is the pumpkin patch - just planted this weekend.  Need rain.  Main pond is muddy.
 The battery died on the Bobcat - not easy access.
 When I go the old one out, I found this broken clamp.  I put it together anyway (for now).  It ran fine. 
 Any idea what this bird is that triggered the trailcam?  Grouse?
The usual suspects are out and about.


 Groundhog.
 Individual turkeys.


 It's getting to be fawning time.




















 Keep them growing.



1 comment: