Monday, May 29, 2017

The Latest Addition

 Joan and I shopped at Miller's last week.  It's a local Amish store.  We made an acquisition that was delivered this week.
The delivery was made by a Mennonite from Kentucky.
He had a custom built tilt trailer and he brought two of his daughters along as helpers.
They had it set up in no time.
 Now we just need some grandkids to visit.
 Tim was a pleasure to work with and it turns out that he is the manufacturer of the set.

 Once the work was done, I took them on a short tour.
 They seemed to enjoy it.
 There was quite a bit of rain this week.
Cleaning the bird poop out of the Bloomsky didn't improve its accuracy. Now it is reporting 400 inches of rain.
We were invited to a holiday cookout over at Dave's.  Dawn made cupcakes.
 They are "Chloe cupcakes".
 I think that these are blackberries.
And these are red raspberries.  Not quite ripe.
 This is the border of the prairie plot that I frost seeded in native warm season grass.
 I'm not sure if that's what I got or if this is just the old pasture coming back up.
 The prairie planting is colorful - not sure if it is the intended species or not.
 There's a fair amount of diversity.
 I'm no good at identification.
 This is honeysuckle vine.  I spent some time trying to prevent them from taking over the pine trees.
 The one plot that I have planted.  Supposed to be sunflower, soy beans, cowpeas, and millet.  I can see some of that in what's up.
 The one cherry tree is producing and is ripe early.  I picked a couple of cups worth of cherries.
 I encountered something behind one of my cameras.
 Turns out that it was a toad.
 Bucks progressing.



Sticker points on left base?

 Pregnant.
 Due soon.
 We saw lots of turkeys this weekend.



 On the prowl.




Last weekend - end of season.

No comments:

Post a Comment