Sunday, May 14, 2017

Turkey-less Still, Planting, etc

In case you were wondering, the blacksnakes are still there.  The video catches them sunning on a cool morning.  If you are one of my email subscribers, you have to visit the website to launch the videos.  You can get there by clicking on the "Laurel Ridge Farm" banner on the email.

 I hunted again one morning and heard a few gobbles for the first hour.  None were really close.
It's all day hunting now but I had too much to do.
 They are certainly still around.
 Showing up on multiple cameras.
 Lots of nice ones.
I would have liked to bump into this guy.


 This is one of the atv trails on my morning walk - things have certainly greened up
The clearing by the valley stand.
 I thought this was all multiflora rose but I think it is actually blackberries.
 And, right beside it, are what I believe to be red raspberries.
A lot of them.
 Daisies are out.
There is no shortage of multiflora rose.
 The ferns are in their glory.
 Many other flowers - they all sort of look like daisies to me.
 Just different colors.  These are purple - may not show up that well.
 The orchard clover is perfect.
You can tell where I sprayed weed control in this clover field.  The clover didn't like it much.
 Joan recovering from hip surgery.  We stopped at Keims and got some new chairs - nice and high.
 I did dip a line.
 And had some success.
 Got three fields disked and one planted.
 I think the predators are anxiously awaiting the arrival of fawns and poults.

Red fox.
 The deer are using the minerals.
This young buck looks thin.
 I can see why with all the parasites.  I am always amazed by the ticks on their ears at this time of year.
I guess this is just the remnant of winter coat.
 Preggers.





Really preggers.
 Branching already.
Deer and turkey in the clover.
 Those eyes...


 Mowing last week.
 There is a lot more to do.

I take a lot of tick precautions - there are a ton of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment