Sunday, October 8, 2017

Pumpkins and Trailcams (lots of them)

 First time back in a couple of weeks.
 Had kind of a mess with some rotten pumpkins mixed in with previous harvest.
 I cleaned up the mess and harvested some more from the field,
.
 Loaded up another load of good ones for home and work.
 We checked the cameras.  Several cameras had more than 2,000 shots on them.
 I sorted thru them the best I can but I still ended up with more than usual to post.
 I got out the bow, took three practice shots and headed to the stand.  I decided to hunt over the plot with beets, radishes and turnips.
 T took the computer to the stand with me to wade thru the shots.  Could that be the reason that I never saw a deer?  It was quite warm but there were deer in the orchard when I walked in at dark.
 So I just sorted out good photos, interesting content, nice bucks, or whatever.  There's about 80 shots this week.
Daylight at the driveway stand.



 There were hundreds of coyote photos.
 Fawns losing spots.




 Buck on right approaching critter - cat?




 What did he get into?



 Odd brows.

 Beets, turnips and radishes.









 Lots of sparring already.




 This is an old bruiser.








Split browtine

 Twins.








 Split browtine.


 Radishes.







 Coyote pack.


 Eating an apple?
 Howling?
 Critter in mouth of one on right?





Deer/coyote stand-off.
 Another one.



Congratulations Brady!  Friends son on a farm near home.  First buck.

No comments:

Post a Comment