Sunday, November 19, 2017

Windy Night Hunt

 It was youth gun weekend but I went out to hunt archery anyway.  The weather was 60 dropping to 30 degrees with 20 mph winds.  I didn't expect to see anything and 6 does showed up in front of me.  They were nervous and did not stay long.
 30 minutes later, 3 more does showed up.  They were also very nervous and didn't stay long.  Not sure if it was the weather change, the wind or the youth hunt pressure, but they were not calm at all.  No bucks and no coyotes.
This is the main field that I planted in clover and thought that I lost to annual weeds.  Some clover survived.
 In the barn field, I planted a brassica mix - turnips, radishes and sugar beets.
 They have been getting a lot of attention.
 I can't tell what they like best.  Maybe those long green radishes.
 Ok, so this camera is toying with me.  I set it last week and sometime during the week it defaulted to January 2015 (once again).
 The rut has been happening and it got some nice bucks on their feet during daylight hours.  This is a nice 10 point.
 Same buck, different camera.
 A younger guy.
 Another 10.
This is the one that I called squid last year.  His little tentacles are making it later into the season this year.
And he's been out in daylight.
 I haven't seen this guy in daylight...
 ...and I'd sure like to.
 This block got a lot of interest and is surviving a long time.
 Coyote.
 Ground hog.


 Hello.
 A view that I often see.
Fox.
 Coyote.
A swarm of birds in the clover.
 A Thanksgiving Parade of turkeys.
 Fox.
 Several nice nighttime bucks.



And the dumb young ones.

Tons of coyotes.








Five in this shot?

No comments:

Post a Comment