Sunday, May 13, 2018

Summer-like Weather for Mother's Day

This Mother is happy with 87 degree weather, a good book, and a comfortable seat on the porch.
 Meanwhile it felt like August to me as I was disking up some fields for planting.
 Barn field is getting close.
And look what is going on while I'm off disking up the main field.

And turkey hunting is all day now - the first two weeks are morning only.

First outing for my new "tick-gaiters".  Learned about them from SOFA and got them online line from Forestry Supply.
I actually sat in a couple of deer stands while turkey hunting this week - Just didn't feel like sitting in the weeds.
Last week - cooler and wetter.

 And they were frolicking all week.

The only ones that I saw this week were a couple that I pushed out of the pond field while walking into the woods.
I didn't hear any gobbling.
Redbuds are done and everything is green.



 I sat in this stand for awhile too.  My calling didn't impress anyone.

 Anyway, the weather was so warm and dry, I decided to do more chores and less hunting.
 Spraying last week.
 Minerals for the deer.
 I got out to the furthest corner and sunk a fence post at the corner iron.  I had the bobcat down and worked on some of the trails.  And lots of mowing.  The finish mower has pretty well died - I have a new zero-turn on the way.
I believe that this is crimson clover.  It was in one of the NWTF mixes that I planted.
 Not too bad on predator activity.
The bucks are starting to sprout.

 Preggers.

Tick infestation behind the ears.



Some stuff sprouting in the prairie.

No comments:

Post a Comment