Sunday, June 3, 2018

I Can Break Them...


 Orchard tour - the green apples appear to be doing fine.  For some reason, there don't appear to be any apples on the red apple tree.  Must of had a freeze at the wrong time.
 Grapes are looking happy.
Pears look good.
 The remaining old cherry tree produced fruit and it was ripe!
 So I picked some...
And pitted them...
 And Joan made cobbler (don't tell Grandpa).
 I had a tough time with the machines.  The Kubota sprung a fuel leak.
Not sure what it might be - fuel pump?  And the John Deere was bogging down or sputtering out when under load.  At first I thought it was hot but maybe it's a clogged fuel filter?
And, I whacked a tree while turning around at a field edge while disking. Bent or broke that shaft.  I figured that I better lay off the tractors before I break them all.
 So I flew the drone - first time in about a year.
 And I didn't wreck it.
 Here's a few stills.
I also did some videos.  Links below:
Drone Tour #1
Drone Tour #2
Drone Tour #3
 I think the latest software update designated my farm as restricted airspace.  I had to acknowledge all kinds of stuff in order to fly.

 It was a nice morning for flying.

 Not sure when or how this little guy showed up dead in the barn.
There's a little bit of action in the prairie.
 Just a few things blooming.
And the grass is looking pretty good.
Invasive honeysuckle vine currently in bloom.
Redbud seed pods.  I think this is what the deer were eating on camera recently.
Some trailcams from last weekend.




Miss those munchkins already.
Several fawns have appeared.


Fox on the hunt.

 Coyote too.
I can never believe the ticks behind the ears at this time of year.




 And lots of turkey activity.








Waiting for fertilizer spreading before doing some planting.  The rain has delayed my spreader guy.  It's getting kind a late for some of these plots.

No comments:

Post a Comment