Sunday, December 9, 2018

How Do They Know?


The bucks are back - this is Junior.
 He posed at a few different cameras.
I had another shooter buck at 80 yards on Saturday - but it was archery, not gun season.
 Bonus gun weekend next week.  Fingers crossed.  Junior is a nice deer.  A little unusual.
 I bought one bag of ear corn and spit it between two camera locations.
Overnight, they didn't touch the corn at this location.
But this one in the main field got hammered.
 There wasn't a kernel left on any of these cobs after one night - 12 hours.
 Here's some of the action.

 This buck seemed to keep the does chased away.

 I also put a new block out even though the old one wasn't quite done.
Activity at the old one.
 In the same field, there were some "volunteer pumpkins".
The deer have finally decided to eat them.
 Poop of the week.
I'm surprised by the number of persimmons that haven't been touched but are well within deer reach.
I got the tape down in the pumpkin patch and bush-hogged the weeds.
 The ponds are trying to freeze.

I've already been out for 3 hours and it has just gotten up to 26F.
 Two hours after I walked by this camera, here comes a coyote in mid-day.
 A few of the bucks.





 Junior in daylight.






The varmints are still on the prowl.
 A new feral cat?
Lots of fox sightings.





 I saw 4 does on Saturday evening in addition to the one shooter buck.
With Dave last weekend.


Maybe the bonus weekend is the ticket...

No comments:

Post a Comment