Sunday, April 7, 2019

Signs of Spring


 I stuck some daffodils by the target stand some years ago.  I'm not sure why.
But, they seem to show up most years.
 Apparently it was a variety pack.

It's amazing that they are competing with the weeds.
I'm not sure if this qualifies as a vernal pool.  It usually holds water all year.  But there are some sort of tadpoles in there - salamanders?
It will be a couple of weeks before peak on the redbuds and dogwoods.  Just getting started.
One pear tree has a few blooms.
 Just some moss on one of my walks.
 It was dry enough to run the disk thru a couple of fields this weekend.  This will be the pumpkin patch.
 Poop of the week in the clover.
Saturday was so warm and I thought I saw a fish hitting on top-water.  I gave it a few casts before giving up.
 This gadget showed up in one of those targeted ads in my Facebook feed.  I did something that I rarely do - I clicked on it.  Snakelook Website  Anyway, it's a gadget to hold your cellphone camera steady on your spotting scope or binoculars.
Here it is set up.  It took me quite a bit of fidgeting and fussing.  But I got it.  There's a doe standing out there to the right of the box stand.
See - and I can zoom it full screen too.  Spotting scope only on 20x - can go up to 60x.
On my walk the next moving, I saw something moving down there by the bend in the driveway.  So I put the gadget on my 10x binoculars.
Kitty cat.
 Sunday sunrise.
 View from main stand on Saturday evening.
Starting early - putting out a little bit of minerals.
 Maybe once a month now but more often in May/June.
 Typical traffic pattern.
 Checking cameras.  I think that I have most on daylight savings time now.  I need to relearn each settings menu.
Me driving the bobcat on trail duty after recovering it last week.
This is the spot where it was stuck.  Not sure how I did it but I had the back against that tree trunk and that stump wedged under the frame in the front.

Some news items of interest:

Another Cougar Attack and Defense

Cheetah Wildebeest Video

USFW Poaching Arrest

Seal and Frisbee

Whale Full of Plastic

Rhino Poachers

Bad Luck Rhino Poacher in Krueger

Nat Geo - Selfie Deaths

Nat Geo - Wolf Endangered?

 There are some turkeys back.  I accidentally flushed one on my walk and they were gobbling away at sunrise.
 Not like some years where they have put on a strutting parade for the cameras.
 I hope that this isn't the reason for the reduced population.
He's been showing up once or twice a week on camera.


 Newest camera location.
 Getting a little traffic.
One buck still hadn't dropped as of 3/24.
 I haven't had much success finding shed antlers this year.

9 in the field.
I think he's a bruiser.

 A parade.

 Antlers starting already?
The usual suspects.




 And the domestics.



No comments:

Post a Comment