Friday, August 9, 2019

Random Stuff and a Quiz



I recently read an interesting book - if you are into the philosophical aspects of hunting and human impact on the ecosystem.  The author grew up fishing and frolicking in the woods.  While in college he became first a vegetarian and then a vegan.  Later he became a locavore and eventually adopted hunting to provide his own natural food.  He describes the conflicts, questioning, and emotions he experiences on the journey.  Also cites a lot of other writers/philosophers on the subject.  Not for everybody but I enjoyed reading it.  The Mindful Carnivore

Here's an article on a similar subject from the New York Times (I hope that the link works without a subscription).  Basically about vegans/vegetarians that have turned into butchers.  NYT Vegans to Butchers

I don't think that I posted this one previously (might have).  Nat Geo on how wildlife is adapting to urban/suburban life.  Nat Geo Urban Wildlife

So, here are a few photos - can you tell where I've been recently?







No comments:

Post a Comment