Monday, November 9, 2020

Where Were They?

I had three nights and three mornings in stand this weekend.  It should have been "prime time" with the bucks chasing does.  I spotted very few deer at all.  Maybe it was the unusually warm weather (mid 70's).  But my helper came down the driveway around noon one day and she spotted a 10 point buck.  Go figure.


I just selected the first seven photos and Blogger put them in the order that they were selected.  I can never tell when it is going to behave.  View above from main stand.  Below is from pond stand on a lonely doe.
Sunset from the pond stand.
One morning from the barn stand - I thought that the cobwebs on the clover were interesting.
Some of the turnips are massive - bow for size reference.
And here's a radish.  We had a good growing season this year.
And these are some of the naturally occurring persimmons.  I could hear corn harvest in process in neighboring fields.  Maybe that was the attraction this weekend.
While I wasn't seeing anything, this kind of mid-day activity did show up on camera.
I took advantage of the good weather for some chores.  I had the whole fleet out and running.
I use the roll cage on the ranger to push downed limbs out of the way on my trails.  I might have misjudged the strength of a branch.
In preparation for gun season, I set up this blind with a view of a hillside that is often prime bedding for does.
Doing the camera tour on foot.
Here is some of the camera activity - watch for daylight bucks.
One sided buck already.



A big grunt.






One-sided buck again.


Some rubs as usual.


No comments:

Post a Comment