Monday, November 8, 2021

Ravin Update and Miscellaneous Stuff

If you've been following this blog, you'll know that I goobered up my new Ravin R10 crossbow while I was trying to let it down.  The lever slipped off and I, in effect, dry-fired it.  I shipped it off to Ravin two weeks ago and I got a call this week saying that it had been repaired and is on the way back.  They basically replaced just about everything - string, cable, and even the stock.  The best news - all under warranty.  I'm hoping to have it for the upcoming weekend.  If UPS does their part.
We slipped away this weekend for a quick visit with my parents in Naples FL.  One day of rain but otherwise it was beautiful.
During travel, I was listening to the BBC and heard this food episode. From this source's perspective, eating meat is bad for the planet and everyone should be doing less of it.  Meat-free Mondays were implemented in the BBC cafeteria.

 BBC Food Choices

While out for a walk, I listened to this blog interviewing a sustainable bison farmer.  Interesting backlash to the perspective being advocated by the BBC.

Sustainable Bison Podcast

I previously read this book which was written by a vegan who became disillusioned with the vegan food chain and who decided to become a hunter.  It was a good read. 

 The Mindful Carnivore

Late addition - another podcast that I listened to this morning.  Interesting discussion with a Montana rancher that is building a meat processing plant to feed the hungry.  

MT Rancher for the Hungry

Anyway, I should be back in the woods soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment