Sunday, November 21, 2021

Trip to Carolinas, Hunt in the Rain

To continue the celebration of Joan's birthday, we took a driving trip to the Carolinas where we eventually met up with Joan's sister in Hilton Head.  The first stop was the Biltmore in Asheville NC.

It is on a gorgeous piece of property and we hit it when the leaves still had some color.
There's vineyards, a winery and a working farm on the property.
The French Broad River winds by.
I'd like a farm like this.
Nest stop Hilton Head SC where where we met up with Joan's sister Karen and her husband Bob.
It was a great birthday celebration and we lucked out on the weather.  We played a round of golf and did some touring.
So when we got home, I ran out to the farm to go hunting in 40 degree rain.
Not much moving tonight.  I saw a couple does.  We'll se what tomorrow brings - it's supposed to be colder.
Lots of rubbing activity.
This buck was taken by my friend in Kentucky.  Well done Marc.
I only got to 1/2 of the cameras.  Will finish the rounds tomorrow.  Here's some highlights.

Turkeys.
Coyote.
Fox.
Bobcat.
Does.
Bucks.

I may do another post depending on what shows up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment