Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Gun Week Start

I'm hunting solo at the start of the week and expecting some other hunters in a few days.  I've been spending morning and evenings hunting and mid-day on the computer. So far I've been seeing deer but no shooter bucks.

I've been spending mornings sitting against a tree and hoping to catch someone on the way to bed. 
It's been pretty nice out.
The first morning I had an encounter at 50 yards with a little 6 point.  Here's a video. The Stare Down

From the stands in the evening, I've been seeing does and young bucks. A video of some action.  Low Res Spike Fight


Here's a video of a spike convention that came by.  Spike Convention
Some of the travel routes are starting to be obvious now that the growing season is over.
This rub is blatant taunting.  It is immediately behind one of my cameras.
I checked cameras including this one that I moved from a licking branch to a scrape that was right beside it.
And it saw some activity.
From bucks and does.

And from an owl.
The owl was active at my other mock scrape too.

And a hawk during daylight.
There were some pretty good shots of the bobcat this week.


The usual coyote activity.

Synchronized doe twins.
Wish us luck for the balance of the week.  This what happens mid-day.  Dog Exercise

1 comment:

  1. The daylight pictures of the bobcat are great. I'll show them to my son in the morning and he'll be thrilled.

    Hopefully you'll see some shooters this week!

    ReplyDelete