Thursday, February 16, 2023

P/U at Taxidermist, Mouse Wars, Winter Trailcams

I got the call that Eric and my Aoudad were ready for pickup.  I ran right up to get them from Charlton's.  They look great.

My nephew Dave shot a monster on that trip and it was also ready for pickup.  He got the 1/2 body mount and it really is stunning.
So, I ran mine right out to the farm and found him a spot on the wall.
Starting to get a little tight in there but I think it's ok.
The war on mice continues.  This one under the kitchen sink.
This one on the birdseed bin.
It poured all morning but at mid-day I got a break in the rain and went for a walk.
Poop of the week - an impressive buck bomb.
The pond was full to overflow and everything was saturated.
Lots of evidence of the high winds yesterday.
You've got to watch out for "hangers" like this.

My PH from South Africa, Arnold, and I taking a walk this week.

In honor of Valentines Day, a love shot.
In honor of Russia/Ukraine, a hate shot.
I decided to show some doe shots.
I think that they're looking pretty healthy but still weeks from "green up".

This was a cold morning.
I'm not sure, but is this a kestrel?
Seems to be possum season - lots of them on camera.
Finally seeing a couple turkeys.

There was a ton of bobcat activity.








And some fox.


Of course, the coyotes.


Most bucks are still wearing their headgear.



This one is one-sided.

It seems that I collect an awful lot of Mylar balloons.  Since they don't degrade, I think they just circulate the globe until they find my property.  Then I pick them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment